Followers

Friday, December 29, 2017

15-88 Singer Treadle post #5

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I took a break from my blog but.....MAN O MAN have I been busy. I think you can agree that the holidays are just a very busy time and there are not enough hours in the day sometimes.
Anyway, I hopped a plane to Albuquerque, NM to meet my new Great Granddaughter.
She is just the cutest little bundle of joy and is such a wonderful addition to our family. I love her so much and I hate being so far away from her and my granddaughter, but with today's technology I can video chat with them anytime we wish.
I also had to get a cavity on one of my lower teeth taken care of. Don't you just hate having a tooth ache when it's Christmas time and there are so many goodies around?!?!? Ha Ha!
Then there's work, always busy with that even on days that aren't hectic.
Anyway, today I would like to introduce you to another one of the sewing machines in my arsenal. This one is a Singer 15-88 Treadle machine.  After looking up her serial number on the Singer site, it shows she was made in 1952 and there are 50,000 of these beauties out there from that year.  Very popular!!!
And...yes, I do use her.  I made a cover for the back seat in my truck with her.  Treadling takes a little practice but after a while it really is very easy.  After taking her out for pictures, I think I will do some paper piecing on her.  I don't remember when I got her, maybe 5 years ago......could be 8......but I purchased her at a local auction for somewhere in the vicinity of $30.  $30 can you BELIEVE it?!?!?  ONLY $30????  The wood for the table is messed up, why do people put plants on these tables then over water?  Anyway, someday I will get the wood refinished, but for now I will enjoy sewing on her.




She is in perfect condition and sews like a dream.  Perfect stitches and a great seam.  I did have to clean her up and get her fine tuned.  Now she's a little work horse.  Great for any kind of stitching, but knowing me......quilts, quilts and more quilts.
I have another new addition but it's not a sewing machine.  I've been bugging my husband for years that I want a little VW bug.  Well....now I have one.  Yes, we got it at an auction for a very good price.  A 1973 VW bug.  
This one needs lots of work, it will be striped down, painted, all the repairs made and then I'll have my little 'buggy' I've always wanted.
I hope Santa was as good to you as he was to me.  Happy New Year to all of you out there, take care.
Until next time,
Michelle




No comments:

Post a Comment